Saturday, January 23, 2016

Weekly Report and Reflection Post #3



See I’m back again for another awesome post!

Okay so as I mentioned in my previous post, this week was all about RSS feeds. I’m not sure if you got anything out of my post because all I talked about was cute pictures. So before I start what is RSS? RSS in an acronym for “Really Simple Syndication” and it is a technology that is being used by millions of web users around the world to keep track of their favourite websites. In simpler terms, RSS acts like a bookmark for things you like to browse about.  It keeps everything in one place, so it saves time and it updates you will the latest news so you don’t have to search anything. Isn’t that awesome? I know!!

As I mentioned in my blog before I thought wrapping my head around this was difficult. I didn’t know where to start and how to organize it but I can tell you after a struggle, it is so worth it. I started off my RSS with the things I was interested in which were on the top of my mind like fashion, food and photography of whether it’s animals or the world. Another interesting one was news. So once I gathered the topics that interested me, I started to read around to see what I really like.  This helped me better understand the purpose of RSS, to be able to use one resource for all my sites!

As this week required us to choose what we would like to share, I decided to share the most attractive thing on my RSS. And what I waste all my time on when I’m not studying is cute overload. You can visit the site from the link posted in my previous blog. Another picture is the flash of white.
Picture of a white weasel in the snow in Montana
Herzog, C. (CC) 2016

RSS is important to us because it helps us keep ourselves organized with the goals we have set for ourselves. In week 2, we were required to do a PLE and that helped us outline our learning environment. To keep ourselves connected, and collaborating with the world—RSS is essential. This is because not only can we have things we like on that, but we can have important sites including College Blender and our own university Brock News. This allows us to keep updated with the most updated news or events that are occurring. This is essential for success because to be successful, you need to always be changing.   

I would say RSS feed is a good tool to use and if this was introduced before the PLE, I would definitely have included it because it fits perfectly with my goals and the process to attain them.

Thanks for reading, until next time!!


Nisha Nayyar  

No comments:

Post a Comment