Hello Everyone! We are back this week to talk about some
things we learned while doing our PLE’s. First of all to get started what is a
PLE? Well it’s an acronym that stands for Personal Learning Environment. It’s a
great tool that can tell you what your individual learning habits are and how
exactly you learn! The resource that helped me better understand PLE's was the Digital Study Skills website.
This week I started off by creating my own PLE, as shown
below.
Nayyar, N. (CC) 2016.
As you can see I divided my PLE into five main categories:
Education, Organize, Create, Connect, and Collaborate. Within these, I have
divided them into subcategories of what I thought are vital to my life and my
success. As I envision myself to be in one of the top management positions in
the next 5-10years, I see myself using these digital tools and resources for my
success. To stay connected with all the important people in my life, I would
continue to use things like hotmail, text messaging and Facebook. Along with
sites like LinkedIn. To keep myself organized and on top of my things, I would
continue using what I already use because I have been successful so far and
hope to be in the future as well. I believe I have a good habit of writing
things down so I don’t forget them later. For example, things like note pads, so I don’t
forget deadlines, an agenda so I can keep myself organized and pace my work and
a Google calendar so I know when things need to be done and how much time I have
in between my tasks and assignments. To get to my future position I would need
to collaborate, and as shown in my PLE, I would continue doing that through
Sakai, until I graduate, Skype and Google Docs.
Even once I graduate, I would continue to use these tools because I think
it has become a learning tool for me. I feel that these tools are helpful in
keeping everything organized and together. Another main category I had for
myself is create because we need something to portray our work. Alongside with
the blogs and Pineterst, an essential creating tool I prefer is PowerPoint. I feel
that I am comfortable using PowerPoint because I have been using it for so many
years and that even when I’m in a higher position of some company, PowerPoint’s
can always be a tool to a good presentation. Lastly, for my goals to be successful
I need to be educated and that is going to continue through sites like Sakai. That
is wherever I have any form of online assessment or site to keep in contact
with my work.
As everyone has done their own PLE’s, they know how they
learn best and how they are going to reach their goals. This tool helps every
individual because it is made to everyone’s own learning ways.
Along with the PLE’s this week, we also got the chance to
work with word cloud or also known as Wordle. As you can see below, I got the
chance to create my own wordle.
Nayyar, N. (CC) 2016.
Honestly before this, I didn’t even know that, that’s what
you called it. I can say for a fact this week was an awesome learning
experience. I got make my own PLE which I thought was so much fun because it
taught me more about myself, and I got to see how a word cloud is formed. I think
this not only helped me but everyone who did this exercise because it visually
showed them what they are capable of.
So until next time, thank you for reading my blog and I will
see you all very soon!!
Nisha Nayyar

No comments:
Post a Comment