Hello everyone!
Welcome back for another great week. Before we get started, I
would like to share what I found this week on Feedly. Of course everyone is
enjoying the warm winter that we have been having this year, but it is good for
the economy? This article on CBC news talks about how the weather has impacted
on the sales of pet coats and booties. Yes, people are not buying these items
because it’s so nice outside. We are all happy and excited now, but this is not
good for the world. This is global warming and it is really a serious issue.
But enough of the world...
| Google (CC 2016) |
Can you believe it! We are in our 10th week for
this course. Soon we will be saying goodbyes. But for now let’s see what we
learned this week. We got a chance to learn about some amazing online tools
that can help us create slideshows. We got to explore Animoto, Fotobable, and
Prezi. Before this week the only tool that I had used was Prezi, and the other
two I didn’t even hear about. Slideshows are an amazing way to portray information
to others about a topic of interest. These tools allow us to do just that. For
example Prezi lets us make a slideshow about a topic of interest and you can
add photos, and texts allowing you to follow a path. Because I have already used Prezi, I decided
to experience a new tool.
The tool I chose to experiment with is called Animoto. Animoto
is a tool that allows you to create a slideshow that flows like a story. You
can add images to it like a collage and add messages or subheadings clarifying anything
that can’t be told with pictures. It has many templates, which include
different categories like business, education and more. While reading fellow
peers experience with this tool, they seemed to have found it easy and simple
to use. Honestly I thought it was a little confusing and if I had to choose
between this or Prezi, it would be Prezi. This may be that I didn’t get to
spend as much time with it as I should have. I think I might have not enjoyed
it as much because it limited my text to a few characteristics. If you look on
my slideshow page, you can see what I created with the tool.
Another thing that we learned this week other than slideshow
tools was about copyright free images searches. I didn’t even know that we
could have accessed Google’s advanced search for them! We got a chance to put
it all in a slideshow explaining the difference and importance of copyrights
and creative common. Copyrights are the rights to protect your work and
creative commons allows the creators to invite certain users to their work, so
your work can be controlled.
![]() |
| Google (CC 2016) |
Overall this week was a very educational week! I would use
the slideshow tools if I wanted to communicate with someone in a more creative way.
I would definitely include this in my PLE under collaborate because I think it’s
a great way to get the information across. After this week, I learned the
importance of citing. Anything you use from the digital world should be citied
to the rightful owner because it is his or her work. It is part of your responsibilities
to do so.
Thank you for reading my blog!
Nisha Nayyar

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Nisha,
ReplyDeleteYou note "While reading fellow peers experience with this tool, they seemed to have found it easy and simple to use. Honestly I thought it was a little confusing and if I had to choose between this or Prezi, it would be Prezi."
I appreciate your honesty. Everyone has unique needs and interests so not every tool is going to be meaningful to everyone. I think the main thing is that we have exposure to a wide variety of them so we can make informed decision (just as you illustrate above).
Thank you for including your link to your slideshow.
It could be a system setting, but your image cited to Google is a "x" for me.
Sheila