Saturday, March 12, 2016

Weekly Report and Reflection #9





Hello everyone,

Before we talk about all the great stuff we learned this week, I would like to tell you about what I found on my feedly. Of course everyone wants to be successful and rich, but there is a lot more to it than you know. This article that I found on Business Insider is about the major differences between successful and unsuccessful people. So if you want to be successful, then you should definitely have a look at it. They talk about 10 things you should or shouldn’t do.  

Google (2016)
This week we got a chance to work with VoiceThread.  It was the first time I ever heard about this online tool and I’m glad I did. After exploring VoiceThread and trying out its features, I was able to see how it works and what can be done using the tool. This tool has a lot of features and it relates a little to Google Docs I think. It allows you to collaborate with others around the world by sharing your opinions by commenting on topics. Not only that you could call them, voice message them or upload comments. Once you post your comment, then anyone can view it and also comment. You can also comment on individual slides in a power point presentation. I think this is a great tool to use in a classroom setting. For example my fellow classmate mentioned that it’s a great tool for educators to use in presentations.

The second tool we looked at this week was PollDaddy. Before this I had never even heard of it but thanks to this course I get to experience new and interesting tools every week. This tool basically allows people to choose an option and it summarizes letting everyone else know what people thing about a situation. I agree with my fellow blogger that it is a great tool to use for social networks.
Google (2016)
Overall I think both these tools are very useful and I would definitely add VoiceThread to by PLE. It’s a great way to collaborate with others around the world. We got a chance to work with other classmates and add comments. If you go on my pages, I have talked more about my experience and uploaded a video of our work.






Thank you for reading my blog and I hope to hear your thoughts on these amazing tools!


Nisha Nayyar

1 comment:

  1. Great work! Thank you for posting your blog and voice thread material.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete