Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekly Report and Reflection #7-- Google Docs



Hello Everyone!

Welcome back from reading week! Hope everyone had a good, fun and relaxing week. I can’t say I did, but mine was worth every second! Competing in a competition and placing FIRST PLACE---yes that was the best thing that could have happened! Anyways getting back from reading week I was on my Feedly this week and I came across this video on Business Insider—don’t worry it’s different from the usual. This was about fruits and vegetables and how they looked before we domesticated them. I found it very cool and interesting, maybe because I love food! But I thought it was interesting so I thought why not share it with my fellow readers!

This week we got to work with an online tool that most of you are probably familiar with called Google Docs. I have used this tool before this class but I personally never made my own document or anything. I would just edit and work on my part and that was it. We got a chance to use this tool to work on our collaborative group project with our classmates to enhance our digital learning. I think this is so smart because your group and you could be in different places and it is possible to have a complete project done. The benefits of Google Docs—amazing right! This is so helpful because it not only makes it convenient for people, but it allows more than one mind on the particular work.   
Google 2016
Google Docs is an online tool that allows people to collaborate with others and create documents, power points and much more through their own devices. It has multiple functions and it works as the same as Microsoft Word, making it more appealing and easy to use. Google Docs could be used for many things for example group projects, papers, essays, assignments and they could also be used on a personal level like notes. You could connect with people across the world and share your knowledge with each other. You can get more information and understanding on Google Docs video.

One reason I absolutely love using Google Docs is because I don’t have to worry about carrying my laptop everywhere just to finish up work. I can go to school and sit on any computer. Before this when I just used Google Docs to finish my part of an assignment I never looked at it in much detail so I never gave it much attention. I never pulled it out when I needed a document; my first instinct would be Microsoft Word. Now that I used it on my own and read fellow peers experiences with it, it has made me realized that it’s very similar to Microsoft Word and that I think is essential because it’s functions are helpful when writing an essay or anything for that matter.

I already have Google Docs in my PLE and I would definitely keep it for the future as well because I believe it’s a great tool. I would also recommend it to anyone who has not used it or has but hasn’t created a document on their own. It definitely changes everything! Hope this blog helps understand Google Docs!

Thank you for reading and until next time, BYE!


Nisha Nayyar  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nisha,

    You note "You could connect with people across the world and share your knowledge with each other."

    Have you had a chance to do this? If not, I recommend continuing to take online courses, but also consider joining a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). There are offered by universities around the world on a variety of topics. It a great way to learn and connect with people from around the world on topics you are interested in.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete