Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekly Report and Reflection Post #5

google, 2016

Welcome back for another great post!

This week when I was on my Feedly, I came across an article from Business Insider. As everyone probably already knows this weekend is the Super Bowl. Who’s excited for that? So the article that I came across is about a football player Marshawn Lynch, who apparently has never spent any of his earned money till this day! Cool eh? I think you guys should all check it out! Don’t worry I am not a sports fan but this article was very interesting so I thought I should share it with you all. Who isn’t curious to see how someone can’t spend money!

This week we got to work with a very successful social media called Twitter. As everyone already knows, Twitter is a site where people can tweet their thoughts, things they like, dislike, the news etc. They can follow people and get followers as well as be updated with their favorite celebrities and much more. Before this class and this week’s activity I did not even know how to use Twitter. In fact this week was the first time I ever opened Twitter, let alone having an account. For some reason I don’t like having a lot of accounts so the only social media I ever had before this class was Facebook. Now look at me I have a Twitter account, Feedly and much more.

As I explored Twitter, I could see people who were interested in the same things as me and I could see what the world was up to. People tweet the most random stuff. I learned so many new things while exploring on Twitter. I learned how to tweet, use hashtags and I learned how this tool could be an essential part to my learning. When I was on my home page, it showed me tweets of a lot of interesting things and I feel that if I use this enough I will be able to learn and connect with all sorts of people.

As a learning tool, Twitter could help me keep to date with news, and students with the same interests and goals. I could also share interesting posts and tweets that help reach my goals because every new thing I learn will enhance my knowledge. I would use this tool in my PLE and I would put it under connect because this is a great tool to connect and network with people. Twitter fits into another thing we learned this week Personal LearningNetwork (PLN). This basically connects us with RSS, which gives us access to articles, websites and etc.

Twitter is a good contributor to becoming a digital citizen and providing knowledge because it allows me to connect with different people around the world. By being connected to everyone gives me the accesses to learn different things. Before this class I would have never thought of using Twitter, but after browsing around, I am excited to try it out some more and see how it adds to my learning skills.
Hope you enjoyed my blog this week!


Nisha Nayyar       

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nisha,

    You note "In fact this week was the first time I ever opened Twitter, let alone having an account. For some reason I don’t like having a lot of accounts so the only social media I ever had before this class was Facebook. Now look at me I have a Twitter account, Feedly and much more."

    There are so many online tools - it can be nearly impossible to be familiar with all of them. Plus imagine who time consuming it would be to utilize multiple tools on a daily basis.

    Your blog looks great. I am really enjoying it.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete